Sunday, August 7, 2011

Am I Ready?

How do you know when your ready? Ready to start your career, ready to get married, ready to raise a family?

These past few months have been some of the most stressful months I've ever had. I'm young, and have not had to deal with much more then worrying about myself my whole life. On top of finishing school, I've been busy raising a baby, when I'm not even an adult myself. In the past week I have finished my last class of high school and will be starting at a community college at the end of this month. But school is not the only thing I am worried about. As Jenna is quickly approaching her 1st birthday, I wonder what kind of mother I want to be. I've always been one to read about things and all threw out my pregnancy read about the changes the both of us were making. Then I started reading into the first year, how frequently she needs to be fed, how much each feeding, sleep, play, development skills, etc.

As Jenna gets older I realize, I have no idea how I want to parent. I read all about different parenting techniques and it scares me the uncertainty of parenting a toddler. There are a few things I know I want to do or not do as a parent from my own parents, but how do you know which way is the "right" way? And is there even a right way? 


The uncertainty of the future has given me anxiety like I've never experienced before. I know everything will be ok, but I have become obsessed with doing things perfectly. I want to be the best mother to Jenna that I can be because she deserves it. I don't know if I will ever feel "ready" but wish I had some peace of mind to cut back on some of my stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment