Thursday, August 11, 2011

Milestones: Part 1

The more Jenna grows, the funnier she gets. She has moved out of the stage of sitting and absorbing in everything around her to interacting and developing very unique little characteristics.


I'm sure as every mother has realized at some point that babies know A LOT more then we give them credit for. Infants can learn how to manipulate into getting what they want and sometimes we don't even realize it. I remember the first time Jenna was "crying" or more like yelling at me when I knew she had just had a new diaper, been fed, and had plenty of cuddle time. She wasn't tired or sick either. She was just mad that I had turned around to wash a few bottles. I looked back at her and she almost seemed like she was laughing because she had just gotten my attention which exactly what she was aiming for. 


Sometimes when I watch her play, I will see her doing really creative things! The first time she figured out how to put her binky in her mouth was really amazing. To some people it seems like no big deal but when you have an infant who came into this world hardly capable of doing anything, every milestone seems like the biggest thing in the world!! Jenna figuring out how to put her binky in her mouth was mostly pure luck that it had not been upside down or backwards. But as she realized that she could do this she was trying more and more times. Sometimes it would be upside down or backwards and she would get frustrated. The first few times I helped her out and then she finally figured out her own way. She would try to put it in her mouth and then when it didn't work, she would drop it and try again hoping it would be a different angle. I found this really creative that she thought to do that. She is now a pro at getting her own binky and I sometimes wonder if this is a sign that she no longer really needs it for a "comfort"....




The other day Jenna wanted more toys then I had put out for her and has finally figured out where they are hidden. She crawled over to the basket and tipped it over and out fell all of the toys. Now she seems to do it almost every time she is playing. I wonder if this is a bad habit but how do you tell a 7 & 1/2 month old that they can't do that when she doesn't even know her own name yet! 



No comments:

Post a Comment